Thanks for using Nomad for Visual Studio. Give us your feedback so we can make the service even better!

Allow adding a folder of scripts instead one at a time

Adding something like infragistics is painful because we cannot add a path to a project unless we create a folder, add each file and cross our fingers it is all we need.

Standard VS functionality, seems to be disabled.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ACAC shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CharlieCharlie commented  · 

I'm having the same issue. The problem is that when you try to add a folder it doesn't work. It will add a link that does not work. I've tried the "Show all files" and the folder or other files do not appear in the Nomad project. When you right-click and [Add]->[Existing Item] it will not let you select an entire folder. This really does make it nearly unusable. If i want to add the Cordova files I have to go through and manually add new folders using the same hierarchy. This is pretty bad. This is supposed to save time, but this aspect is EXTREMELY time consuming. Please fix this. I've tried using both VS 2010 Ult and VS 2012 Professional and the results are the same.

• Michael SawczynMichael Sawczyn commented  · 

I'm not sure what's being asked here. I can right click, Add, Existing, and multi-select as many files as needed. Adding ad hoc folders might cause issues with PhoneGap Build, but I suppose Nomad could be smart about disallowing problematic structure changes.

• Nomad TeamAdminNomad Team (Admin, Nomad for Visual Studio) commented  · 

Can you clarify how you'd like this to work, please? I'm assuming something like either

- "Show All Files", then multiselect, and "Include in Project", or
        - "Show All Files", right-click on folder(s), then "Include in Project"

is what you're looking for, or would you like a different behaviour?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please allow the addition or inclusion of folders. This makes nomad almost unusable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base